Monday, October 27, 2008

What's a man to do? To text or not to text......

I came from the camp where a cell phone is used for making cell phone "CALLS", get it?, as in cell PHONE, not cell TEXT. I have happily ( as happily as one can be with paying upwards of 1.25 hundred dollars per month to have their family covered, including their fourteen year old daughter, and what in the world, thought I, is a thirteen (last year) year old girl needing a cell phone for? Well, I gave in, and with what I thought to be good reason, the listings of which are fodder for a nudder posting. Anyway, this cell phone nervana lasted approximately ten years until being shattered by two occurences, not necessarily occuring at the same time. Firstly, my wife and daughter are into texting, and relish in and nearly make it necessary if I want to communicate with them and get any good out of my cell phone, I mean my cell text. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Secondly, I am on this quest, as mentioned before, and surely will be mentioned later, to keep from becoming an "old dog", in life a healthy, worthy goal; and in my job (tell ya later) a real necessity. Give up my watch? No! (see earlier post). Start texting? Yes, with some trepidation. Very slowly, in fact painlfully slowly, at first, and several time after probably five to ten minutes of working, I accidently hit a wrong key and poof! my work is gone. Lesson to be learned---- save to draft. Old computer saying...save early and save often. Does this have application in other parts of life...hmmm....I feel another possible post coming on. So my speed is coming up slowly, and maybe I'll consider a phone at contract renewal time with better texting capabilities. Honestly, I have seen the light somewhat, you can wait and look at a message at your leisure or on your own time. This was proven to me when I was in Salt Lake City (previous post) and was in a seminar, and my lovely wife was in church, and we could still communicate by text and relay information. Try to do that with a voice call. Maybe it's not just class clowns doinking around in a school room that makes up texting. Hope for texting and hope for me to shatter another barrier in my struggle to be a new dog (is there such a thing?) I guess so, maybe a pup, but I doubt they would have much luck with using a cell phone for voice calls, much lest texting. I had 5 postings, which just barely qualified me to be sent to gazillions of search engines (an interesting term, especially the engine part), now I have 6 and am safely over the limit necessary, and surely by tomorrow My blog will be seven days old, and have over 5 postings, evidently a sign of maturity on the web. Are things ie. time actually speeding up? Alvin Toffler (him again) thinks so, and felt strongly enough to write a particular book that changed my life profusely ( not really that strong, but it was a good chance to use the word profusely, how often do I get to do that!? Digression sneaks in again, post done, not really very painful after, actually somewhat enjoyable, as I had this one in my head for quite some time, just needed to spit it out. Write you on number seven.

No comments: